FTC Diversity Statement
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is dedicated to recruiting, building, and maintaining a broadly diverse work force. We believe that there is enormous collective strength in our collective differences. Diversity and inclusion in employment is also essential to the success of the FTC’s consumer protection and competition missions. In order for the FTC to protect consumers and preserve competition, we seek a workforce that reflects the diversity of the consumers we serve. Towards that end, the FTC strives to achieve and maintain an environment that is free from discrimination and that embraces the principles of equality, excellence, and mutual respect by:
- Attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects America’s differences in age, color, culture, disabilities, gender, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, and sexual orientation;
- Identifying and promoting the leadership capabilities of employees;
- Providing a full and fair opportunity for all employees to pursue a career in the Federal service and to advance based upon their performance and abilities;
- Enabling all employees to carry out their duties in the workplace free from unlawful discrimination, including sexual harassment and retaliation for engaging in legally protected activities; and
- Creating an inclusive work environment that fosters communication, encourages cross-cultural understanding and acceptance, and solicits varying opinions and approaches, and in which our employees feel valued, involved, supported and respected.